“The clinic sees adult patients by appointment only. Initial eligibility screening and appointment scheduling can be done by phone or in person. Bi-lingual telephone eligibility screening is available from 8 to 5, Monday through Friday, and Saturdays 8-12.”
- You must be a resident of the Coachella Valley. Evidence of residency will be required.
- You cannot be eligible for any other health care assistance including, but not limited to, Riverside County MISP, Medi-Cal, Veterans Administration, or any employer-funded or private health insurance.
- Your household income cannot exceed 200% of the current Federal Poverty Guidelines for your family size. Family members are defined as parents or guardians, spouses, children, or domestic partners. VIM will carefully consider household circumstances when counting and considering family-member status; however working family members who have reached the age of 18 must qualify individually. Full-time college students up to age 24 will be counted as family members.
- We do not treat children.
The clinic provides basic primary acute and preventative medical and dental services to eligible patients. A referral network of local specialists provide consultation and treatment for conditions that are beyond the scope of the clinic. We also have a formal referral affiliation with the Riverside County Regional Medical Center for more complex needs, procedures, or hospitalization.
- Preventive and acute care.
- Chronic disease management
- Minor procedures
- Laboratory, Imaging and other diagnostic testing
- Gynecologic services/Well women’s preventative care
- Prescription Assistance
- Basic Dentistry including fillings and extractions. No crowns, root canals, or dentures.
- Educational programs for disease management.
- The clinic does not stock or prescribe narcotics or pain medications.
The clinic is closed on Sunday.
Initial appointments for routine chronic or non-urgent care services can typically be made within a 2 week time-frame. There is minimal “urgent-care” appointment availability on a first-come, first-served basis by appointment within 3 days. Existing patients are given priority for urgent care appointments. There is a substantial waiting list for dental services.